Explorers in Art




Grade 5 Students are learning about how artists are explorers. In order to find new ideas and create unique art, as artists, we must be risk takers and explore new ways of doing things. 
.
Creating abstract Paul Klee Mono prints is a great way to experience the design cycle as we 

explore new ways of expressing ourselves and our emotions. Students are taking risks and solving problems as they try new ways of creating art. Mono prints allow the students to make many similar copies of their drawing, and experiment with the different effects. 





Art does not reproduce the visible; rather, it makes visible. -Paul Klee

Reflections from Grade 5:

I was surprised that the pink mixed with the orange to make tertiary warm colours in my print! It works on my art because I wanted a calm and happy feeling.

 I was pleased with the way the black mixed with the vibrant pink. It's ver intense.. I have been feeling very overwhelmed and a little crazy because I feel like everything in my home is changing these days! 

I didnt like the way there was too much ink on the paper. It made my print look angry and  I wanted an excited feeling. I will try with less paint.